The United States Embassy in Belarus is pleased to announce the competition for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for the academic year of 2021-2022. This one-year Fellowship program is offered to young and mid-career professionals who have a proven track record of leadership, a public service commitment, and the capacity to take full advantage of a self-defined program of independent non-degree study at a leading U.S. university. The program awards a certificate from the U.S. Government; it is not designed to deliver an advanced degree.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished professionals from designated countries around the world to the United States at a midpoint in their careers for a year of graduate-level academic course work and professional development activities. The Humphrey Program was initiated in 1978 to honor the memory and accomplishments of the late Senator and Vice President, Hubert H. Humphrey. Fellows are selected on their potential for leadership and commitment to public service.
The program provides a basis for establishing lasting ties between citizens of the United States and their professional counterparts in other countries, fostering an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding throughout the world.
Fellowships are granted competitively to professional candidates with a commitment to public service in either the public or private sector.
• Agricultural and rural development
• Economic development/Finance and banking
• Natural resources, environmental policy, and climate change
• Urban and regional planning
Democratic Institution Building
• Law and human rights
• International Religious Freedom
• Public policy analysis and public administration
• Trafficking in persons policy and prevention
• Technology policy and management
• Human resource management
• Educational administration, planning and policy
• Higher education administration
• Teaching of English as a foreign language
• Public health policy and management
• HIV/AIDS policy and prevention
• Substance abuse education, treatment and prevention
• Contagious and Infectious Diseases
Interested applicants must apply online and include all supporting documents.
On-line applications must be submitted by 23.59 (Minsk time) on September 1, 2020.
The online application form and additional instructions are available at https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey
After national selection, final nominations are reviewed in the United States by independent review committees. These review committees make recommendations to the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board. Awards will be announced in February-March of 2021.
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship, applicants must be Belarusian citizens and must have:
• A first university degree
• At least five years of full-time professional experience
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service
• Demonstrated English language ability
• Limited prior experience in the U.S.
Terms and Conditions:
The Humphrey Fellowship provides: international travel, tuition and university fees, accident/sickness coverage, monthly maintenance allowance and funding for books and professional activities. The Humphrey Program does not provide financial support for accompanying dependents.
To learn more about the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, please visit the program’s website: https://humphreyfellowship.org/
The Humphrey Program is also on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/HumphreyFellowship), Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/humphreyfellowship/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/humphreyprogram), YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/HumphreyFellowship) and LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Hubert-H-Humphrey-Fellowship-Program-4060066?trk=myg_ugrp_ovr).
For additional questions, please email the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy at firstname.lastname@example.org