Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Minsk, Belarus (March 23, 2020)
The U.S. Embassy in Minsk is temporarily reducing routine citizenship services due to the COVID-19 novel coronavirus pandemic. These measures are being taken based on the Centers for Disease Control’s recommendation to practice “social distancing.” The safety of U.S. citizens is our top priority.
Until further notice, all requests for U.S. passport and Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) appointments must be sent to ConsularMinsk@state.gov. In the e-mail, please include the following information:
For passport requests:
- If renewing, a scanned copy of the U.S. passport to be renewed
- If a first-time applicant, citizenship evidence such as a U.S. birth certificate
- Copies of both parents’ passports in the case of minor applicants
- Destination and purpose of travel
- Intended dates of travel
- Your country of residence
- The e-mail subject line should read: Passport Appointment Request – (Applicant’s name) – (Applicant’s date of birth), for example, Passport Appointment Request – John Doe – 01 January 1980.
*We will prioritize urgent travel and renewing U.S. passports that are expired or soon to expire.
For CRBA requests:
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Copies of both parents’ passports
- The e-mail subject line should read: CRBA Appointment Request – (Applicant’s name)- (Applicant’s date of birth), for example, CRBA Appointment Request – Jane Doe – 01 January 2020.
Unfortunately, notarial services will be suspended until further notice.
We apologize for the hardship and inconvenience that this may cause, but we ask for your understanding and cooperation in helping to protect the health of our U.S. citizen and global community.