Event: Reduction of Consular Services
As a result of critical staffing shortages due to the Belarusian authorities’ forced reduction of U.S. Embassy Minsk’s workforce, effective February 15, the consular section suspended all visa services and is only offering emergency American Citizens Services (ACS). Emergency ACS services include U.S. passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad.
All requests for U.S. citizens services should be sent to ConsularMinsk@state.gov. The consular section will schedule your appointment for the next available date.
The U.S. Embassy will continue to provide the best service possible under the current conditions and is grateful for your understanding. The U.S. Embassy regrets that the actions of the Belarusian authorities have limited capacity for consular services.
We encourage individuals seeking visa services to schedule appointments with neighboring U.S. embassies and consulates and regret the inconvenience. Please be aware that processing times may be longer than normal.
Actions To Take:
- Enroll the Smart Travel Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Read Belarus Country Specific Information
- Ensure travel documents are valid and easily accessible.
- Get the COVID vaccine to facilitate your travel.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Create a contingency plan that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Minsk, Belarus
Tel.: +375 17 210-12-83 / 217-7347 / 217-7348
Tel.: +375 29 676-0134 (after hours for American Citizens)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444