The U.S. Embassy in Minsk is happy to announce the call for applications for the OneBeat 2018. OneBeat is a music exchange and incubator for music-based social entrepreneurship, where innovative musicians from around the world launch collaborative projects designed to make a positive impact on local and global communities.
An initiative of the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs in collaboration with the groundbreaking New York-based music organization Bang on a Can’s Found Sound Nation, OneBeat employs collaborative original music as a potent new form of cultural diplomacy.
- Musical Excellence – A high level of performance, composition, improvisational, production and/or technological skill. Ideally OneBeat musicians will be innovating stylistically, lyrically, or technologically within their musical worlds.
- Collaboration – Applicants’ willingness to reach across cultural and musical divides in creating original music or re-interpreting traditional music, while respecting the essence of each tradition. Applicants should be prepared to try new things musically.
- Social Engagement – Musicians who have used music to serve their communities or greater societies. This might consist of guiding young people in music education, addressing social or political issues through musical content, reviving dying musical traditions, and more.
- Age – Applicants must be between 19-35 years old.
- English Proficiency – Applicants should be able to converse in and understand basic English, as it will be the common language of the OneBeat program.
- Country or Territory of Origin – OneBeat Fellows must currently live full-time in one of the 45 eligible countries and territories including Belarus. We also seek applicants who have not traveled extensively to the U.S. or have rarely performed in the U.S.
- Internet Proficiency – Whenever possible, OneBeat Fellows should actively use email and be able to connect to the internet to participate in OneBeat website-based activities.
APPLICATION The OneBeat application will be open from January 8 – February 9, 2018
NOTIFICATION Applicants will be notified of the review panel decision by the end of May, 2018.
PROGRAM OneBeat 2018 will take place from September 12 – October 14, 2018.
CONTACT If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply here: https://1beat.org/apply/