Applications are now open! Click here to apply today: ais.americancouncils.org/pfp
About the program:
The Professional Fellows Program provides young leaders with the opportunity to participate in a fully-funded one month professional fellowship in the US (pending travel restrictions). Fellows will gain relevant work experience and exposure to American culture and will expand their professional networks. PFP participants are placed in intensive 5-6 week fellowships in non-profit organizations, private sector businesses, and government offices across the United States for an individually tailored professional development experience.
- Be an emerging leader in government, civil society, or the private sector who has demonstrated expertise pertaining to the respective theme under which they are applying.
- Be currently employed with at least two years of relevant professional experience at the time of application.
- Be between 25 and 35 years old at the start of the program, applicants must be born on/after September 25, 1987 and no later than September 25, 1997. Anyone who turns 25 on the first day of the Fellowship or anyone who turns 36 during the course of the Fellowship is eligible.
- Be self-directed and able to work effectively in a cross-cultural setting.
- Be able to identify an objective/project of their own selection that the applicant would like to implement in their home workplace or community.
- Have demonstrated proficiency in both written and oral English.
- Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.