Location: Announced events include, but are not limited to, the following cities in Belarus:
- Minsk (National Opera and Ballet Theater)
Event: Concerts and rallies are scheduled to take place on March 25 beginning at 1 p.m. The city authorities of Minsk, Grodno, and Brest have authorized these activities. There is also the possibility of unauthorized events and marches during the day. We remind U.S. citizens that even peaceful events can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Police officers will likely be conducting regular identification checks, especially near tourist attractions and near rallies. You should carry proper identification at all times – a U.S. passport with a current Belarusian visa.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Carry proper Identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Belarusian visa
- US Embassy Minsk, Belarus
+375 17 210-12-83 / 217-7347 / 217-7348
+375 29 676-0134 (after hours for American Citizens)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Belarus Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook