Location: Belarus, Countrywide
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Minsk is closely monitoring events surrounding the recent forced diversion of a Ryanair flight into Minsk, and the subsequent response to that event by European nations and airlines. We understand many flights departing Belarus have recently been cancelled and a number of international carriers have cancelled their Minsk-bound flights.
The U.S. Embassy is actively engaged with airlines regarding flights to and from Belarus. We are aware of the possible impact of restricted flight availability and limited Belarusian visa services for international travelers.. As the situation develops and more information becomes available, we will send updated alerts to U.S. citizens.
If you have imminent travel plans, please contact your airline for specific information regarding your itinerary.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Contact your airline directly if you have an upcoming flight.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Minsk, Belarus
+375 17 210-12-83 / 217-7347 / 217-7348
+375 29 676-0134 (after hours for American Citizens) email@example.com
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Belarus Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook